Pages

Friday 19 January 2018

Review: Good Omens

Good Omens Good Omens by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a bit of a epiphany reading Good Omen (pun intended). While I do enjoy the comic fantasy style of both Pratchett and Gaiman (despite what Goodreads suggests, they both wrote this book), I don't enjoy it enough to want to read a book of this size (about 400 pages).

Plus, there were several jokes about one of the characters coming across as "gay" because he was "effeminate" etc. Shockingly, someone even call him a word that I won't repeat here, but it's one that's now deemed to be extremely offensive to the LGBTQ plus community. The book was written nearly 30 years ago, so you do have to judge it by the standards of the day. I certainly don't think Gaiman would make such jokes now.

Overall, though, I did enjoy reading this book. I just think the next time I read something by Gaiman, I'll stick to one of his shorter books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment