Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

Review: Tales of the City

Tales of the City Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An utterly fabulous look at the lives and loves of a group of completely dysfunctional of people, who somehow are all loosely connected with each other. Each character - although most border on the caricature in some way - is interesting and has depth. I found quite a few of them to be dislikable at the beginning but I ended up being fond of almost all of them. Even, Brian - whose main goal in life appeared to be get his leg over - was endearing.

Not really a series person, so I am not sure if I will actively seek to read the other books in this series. But if I see one in a charity shop (where I found this copy), I will definitely buy it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment