Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Review: Stone Mattress: Nine Wicked Tales

Stone Mattress: Nine Wicked Tales Stone Mattress: Nine Wicked Tales by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I didn't enjoy reading this book, I don't think it's fair to blame Atwood. I am just not a fan of dystopian stories or ones that focus on humanity's worst characteristics - two themes that feature predominantly in Atwood's work. It would be, after all, a tad odd to complain about not liking cheese on toast if you are lactose intolerant (which I am as it happens).

For her superb, flawless writing, Atwood deserves five stars. Therefore, the only reason I am giving it three stars is to indicate that it wasn't for me.

I read this book for my book club. If you're London based and are interested in attending, please see: http://www.zone1bookgroup.com/ for details.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment