Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Review: The Seven Sisters

The Seven Sisters The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The perfect book to read over a long weekend - compelling but also non-taxing.

However, I did struggle with the subplot story of Izabela and Laurent. Rich girl constrained by the rules of society meets bohemian artist isn't exactly a new concept when it comes to romantic fiction, but there were one or two twists and turns that keeps it (sort of) interesting. Plus without this subplot, Maia's story would just be your average tale of repressed woman learns to live life to the full etc.

This is actually the first in what I am presuming is seven books - each one charting the story of how one of the adopted sisters finds out her origins. There are actually only six sisters but there's blatant foreshadowing about the "missing" seventh sister (which relates to The Seven Sisters mythology I think) - so, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a seventh book about her once she is found.

Not sure if I will read the others in the series (the fourth one has just been published), but I'd definitely consider them the next time I'm in need of an easy read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment